Suunto eon core.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn Williams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everybody. I am currently diving with an i300. I am about to purchase the Suunto eon core. I am asking those of you who dive with the eon core what your opinions are and any hints and tips you have. Been doing a lot of research/window shopping but can't seem to find "real" world usage info about the core. I am aware it's basically the same as the steel but without full customization. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Glenn

The Steel and the Core both used the same software, thus the Core is just as customisable as the Steel. You can choose between Graphical, Classic (just numbers) or Prominent displays, and then customise the rH centre and bottom values as you see fit.

The only difference is the case, and depth rating.

I've had a Steel for 3 years and logged 500 dives on it. My wife's is the same age with maybe 100 dives less. The only "major" problem I had was a pressure sensor which wasn't that big a deal. I do like it, the main thing is to dry the water sensor otherwise it won't turn off. That's about it apart from minor niggles with the software which are mostly personal.

Love my Eon core but the phone app for it, "MovesCount", stinks. The latest iphone version just downloads the first minute of each dive. MacDive - for the iphone works great and has way more features. It does cost about $10 but cheap compared to the cost of the core.

A free alternative for iPhone, Android, PC or Mac is Subsurface - but when I tried I had issues synching on the iPhone, They seem to have fixed this in the latest release but I prefer MacDive.

The only thing I use the Suunto DM5 software for is customizing the Core or updating firmware.

Completely minor feature of the core that I really like compared to my old Zoop - it counts down the saftey stop time in minutes & seconds instead of just minutes. That 3,2,1,0 seemed to take forever on safety stops with nothing interesting to see on the zoop.

Back
Top Bottom