Suunto DX brief review: total disappointment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luganodiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
So I bought a DX. It serves as a backup to my Liquivision x1. Did 3 dives to 40 meters.

totally disappointed. It is a toy computer that is:

1) difficult to read
2) confusing menu logic
3) keys difficult to press
4) backlighting ineffective
5) certain numbers are impossible to read.

it is as expensive as a Liquivision X1, more expensive that a Petrel, Xeo or Lynx. Not to mention Heirich Wekamp.

Let us be serious, it is NOT a tech dive computer, like Suunto claims. I want to see someone with my own eyes using it for gas switching deco.

I feel totally silly for having bought it. I should have known better.

i will get rid of it, together with the pressure sensor I do not need, and will buy an other X1.

So I bought a DX. It serves as a backup to my Liquivision x1. Did 3 dives to 40 meters.

totally disappointed. It is a toy computer that is:

1) difficult to read
2) confusing menu logic
3) keys difficult to press
4) backlighting ineffective
5) certain numbers are impossible to read.

it is as expensive as a Liquivision X1, more expensive that a Petrel, Xeo or Lynx. Not to mention Heirich Wekamp.

Let us be serious, it is NOT a tech dive computer, like Suunto claims. I want to see someone with my own eyes using it for gas switching deco.

I feel totally silly for having bought it. I should have known better.

i will get rid of it, together with the pressure sensor I do not need, and will buy an other X1.

you know the good, and you buy the less good
blame yourself

Like Pink Floyd's Album:

a momentary lapse of reason...

Luganodiver,

I apologize for your displeasure with the Suunto DX. I have forwarded your comments to the product management team.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom