Suunto DM5 download issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tet118

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am hoping someone may be able to help me out. I have downloaded DM5 as well as the mono-framework software as prompted (this is to a mac). Now I just get a message saying Suunto DM5is configuring mono framework this may take a few minutes. This message just stays there and nothing happened.
I assume it is something very simple I need to do but hope someone can point me in the correct direction.

This is from the Suunto support forms. I had the same problem, and this fix it for me...

Hi,

the actual Mono Release 4.0 with yosemite seems to be the problem.

This issue could be very quck fixed with the following steps which have worked for me:

Close DM5 Looping Dialog Window:

- Open Activity Manager during Spotlight and terminate the DM5 Application
- Or during the Apple Menu

Uninstall the Mono 4.0 from the system:

- Navigate with finder to /libary/Frameworks and delete the complete Mono.Framework.... to the recycle bin
- Empy Recycle Bin

Install the Mono 3.12 Release on the system:

- Download the pkg from: Mono - Browse /Mono 3.12.1 at SourceForge.net

- Install it

- Restart DM5 and it should be working

I am hoping someone may be able to help me out. I have downloaded DM5 as well as the mono-framework software as prompted (this is to a mac). Now I just get a message saying Suunto DM5is configuring mono framework this may take a few minutes. This message just stays there and nothing happened.
I assume it is something very simple I need to do but hope someone can point me in the correct direction.

Have you considered throwing DM5 into the bin and using Subsurface? Downloads | Subsurface

There is a build for the Mac, the price is free and I think you'll never look back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom