Suunto DM 3.1 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I like and have most of dive logs in Suunto DM 3.1. My D9 died and Suunto upped me to D6i. I would like to continue to use DM 3.1 (rather than Suunto DM 4/5, Subsurface or Diving Log 6.0), can the DM 3.1 be made to read the D6i? Are there any limitations to the DM 3.1 i.e. maximum number of logs, etc.?

Connect your D6i and see if DM3.1 detects it.

If you are super concerned, then make a backup copy of the existing log file(s).

-Z

Z,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I should have been more clear, I have tried all the Suunto dive computers in the DM 3.1 download wizard and all say "device not found". I have the latest Suunto UBS driver updates. My PC recognizes the connection to a Suunto USB device. Suunto DM 5, Diving Log 6.0, and Subsurface will connect to the D6i and download the new dives. I can import some of my old DM 3.1 - D9 logs into the afore mentioned software but not all the stuff I care about and I do not like the UIs. So I would really like to continue to use DM 3.1 with my new D6i. Does anyone know how to make it work? Are there other limitations of the DM 3.1 (e.g. maximum number of logible dives, etc.)?

Thanks,

Could you dload your dives into dm5 and then export/import the files in to dm3?

I have dm3 on one of our computers....I found it more useful than dm5, but to be honest i stopped uploading my dives and just stuck with paper logs when I do log my dives.

After 26 years of diving, I mainly use my log book to reference water temp for different times of the year along with exposure suit, under garments, and amount of weight needed for how I will dress for the dive. I stopped caring about dive time and gas usage long ago, although I do log that info because my log book pages have places to scribble that info.

-Z

I can import some of my old DM 3.1 - D9 logs into the afore mentioned software but not all the stuff I care about and I do not like the UIs.

As far as I know, all newer applications support at least the same data as SDM 3.1 and normally even more. As for Diving Log 6.0: you can fully customize the logbook layout and replicate the UI of Suunto DM 3.1. I've already created a layout file that resembles Suunto DM which you can use as base to refine it to the SDM 3.1 look: SuuntoDM.zip

SuuntoDM.png

Reactions: Zef
Sorry for the long delay in responding. Suunto DM4/5 stopped working to test the upload to DM4 export to DM3.1. I finally got it working enough to test the process. DM3.1 can only import 1 dive at a time in SDE format so it's not useful. Will relook at DL6 with the template. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom