Suunto Dive Manager 2.3 temp and export issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm wondering if anyone else has come across these problems with the SDM 2.3.

I downloaded the software to my laptop and had no problems setting it up and downloading the data from my Vyper. However, when I exported the dives from the laptop to my desktop, I realized that it only exports the dive info, not the dive location and gear info folders. So I had to reinput that by hand. Very time consuming.

The other weird thing that is now happening (but did not happen on the laptop) is that the temperature display on the SDM is only displaying in Celsius. I definitely have it set to Farenheit. Heck, I wouldn't mind the Celsius if the temperature was at least correct. But it is stuck at 32C.

The OLF number for one of the dives is now showing 90 which is waaaaaay off. It's almost as if weird little bugs are being created every so often.

I would go back to using the 1.5 but I really don't want to reinput the dive location, sites, and gear info again.

Any suggestions? I am starting to rethink my position on this software which I loved a month ago and now I growing to dislike.

mickey,

You are not alone in this experience. I had to upgrade my SDM to 2.3 to support a new D9 a few months ago. I now often times have both computers (D9 and Cobra) and find that the temp display in the graphical window (top right) is stuck at 32c.

However, in the dive profile itself, it seems to be correct.

So that's 3 computers - all experiencing the same issue with SDM 2.3. Definitely a software issue it appears.

Yes, all the info is fine in the profile. It's just the window.
I sent the question to Suunto a couple weeks ago and got this odd answer talking about how the SDM doesn't record temps other than the start, deepest, and end. Duh! I know that. That's not what I asked.

So I just sent them another email where I said I would try to use simpler words so they could understand since we seem to be having a language problem. They never bothered to answer the question about exporting the dive locations and sites, though.

Not to highjack your thread but I just got a Cobra and on some of the dives it shows what looks like a floppy disc and it says "Heading:-1(degree)". What the heck is that?

CMAN:
Not to highjack your thread but I just got a Cobra and on some of the dives it shows what looks like a floppy disc and it says "Heading:-1(degree)". What the heck is that?

Say thanks to their crappy database design. Effectively this can indicate a bookmark you placed during the dive, or some other warning your Cobra gave, and which has been misinterpreted as a D9 heading or something. Do not use the wizard to import, right-click on the Cobra icon at the left of the screen and choose connect, Cobra, and then import. As an added bonus your tissue loadings on dive 3+ of multiple dives will also be downloaded, which is not the case if you use the wizard.

scubamickey:
I'm wondering if anyone else has come across these problems with the SDM 2.3.

I downloaded the software to my laptop and had no problems setting it up and downloading the data from my Vyper. However, when I exported the dives from the laptop to my desktop, I realized that it only exports the dive info, not the dive location and gear info folders. So I had to reinput that by hand. Very time consuming.

Do not export. Make a backup of the database (Actions | Backup database) and copy the file to your desktop. Then restore it. This will bring everything across. Except the photos of your gear. Which you will have to copy manually, AND into the same directory as on your laptop, or it will not work. Just use the same c:\SDM_Sucks on both Desktop and laptop, then you won't have problems.

Thanks Diebeste. I ended up rewriting everything by hand, but now I have something to try next time I transfer from the laptop.

I've seen it too... Vytec

I have also experienced the temp display wrong in the graphical window (top right) for my Zoop computer. The temp is stuck at 32 F. Very strange this thread has been ongoing for years and Suunto hasn't fixed this issue. I wish I could have afforded the Tusa IQ 950 for my wife and I. We hear this is a great air computer and the software is excellent.

Yes I have the same issue with my Vyper with Diver Manager ver 3.1. The graph only shows a few temp points, such as surface, and depth and a couple more, those are correct. The other dive points show in the PC display as 32F. I've learned to live with it.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom