Suunto Dive Manager 2.2.1 with vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtRider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I just did my open water dives and took the AOW as well so in the last four days I got 10 dives in from 30'-97' and got a chance to use my suunto vytec AI wireless computer. I installed the dive manager and the lastest patch.
I searched the board and it seems this is somewhat buggy software. Is this still true with the latest patch? I didn't see a place on suuntos site that listed known issues. Is there such a thing?
Maybe I am missing something simple but I dont see a way to convert bar to psi or m to feet or C to F. I do see liters to cu ft though. What is the deal? Will this software work with imperial? The computer does.
Probably the first of a few questions...

ohh...and in case you were wondering my first dive experience was great. Even spewing underwater :).

Thanks

Congratulations on your certification!

As far as the computer software goes, I have never been able to get my dive computer to download to my desktop system using the hardware purchased and software downloaded from Suunto's site. I have completely given up on trying to do it. I just log my dives manually using the information logged by the computer. Even the newest version of the software is not usable for me. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance to ya.

ScubaStan:
I have never been able to get my dive computer to download to my desktop system using the hardware and software. I have completely given up on trying to do it. I just log my dives manually using the information logged by the computer.

Even the newest version of the software is not usable for me.

perhaps your com port is disabled in your bios...

does it read the computer at all using the serial cable (you are using serial right)?

Looks like the info might be cool and actually usable...especially for a newbie like me who is insensitive to ascent rates, air consumption, and such. I just need meaningful units to start with.

Stan, what happens? Is your computer recognized by the program? Have you messed with port settings?? Are you using a serial port, USB or a USB with serial adapter? I had to adjust port settings before I was able to download.

In any case, it's true: SDM sucks.

It's there. I don't have the program loaded on this computer, but I think you have to look under personal, then setting. It is not laid out that clear. Just keep looking

DirtRider:
perhaps your com port is disabled in your bios...

does it read the computer at all using the serial cable (you are using serial right)?

Looks like the info might be cool and actually usable...especially for a newbie like me who is insensitive to ascent rates, air consumption, and such. I just need meaningful units to start with.

You won't get accurate air consuption data in SDM, at least not with the Cobra.

From an e-mail from Suunto:
Please note though, that Cobra doesn't record air consumption
data, but the SDM calculates the graph based on the starting and ending
pressures given by the Cobra.

IaDiverJ&L:
It's there. I don't have the program loaded on this computer, but I think you have to look under personal, then setting. It is not laid out that clear. Just keep looking

I spent an hour looking at it and then did again just to make sure I can't find it. I see no personal button. There is a DC settings but nothing can be changed on that screen at least for me. Then there is air consumption and there is one box to change from liters to cu ft but it doesn't affect anything else and it doesn't even do the conversion for you. I tried clicking on different levels in the tree in the logbook and on specific dives and left and right clicks and nothing gets me there. Please tell me how because as a software developer myself I am baffled and that doesn't happen often especially as a user...

I'm assuming the Vytec was already configured with imperial units and you are just trying to get the SDM software configured, correct?

Run SDM 2.2.1, create a new username/password and login with that username.
Select the new username in the logbook frame (on the left, at the top).
Now in the bottom section under the User heading in the Settings section, pick the imperial settings (ft, psi, °F, cu ft, lbs). What's not obvious at first is that the selected settings will be blue. You can set up cylinders including a default cylinder here, too. There are also Personal, Dive Log and Printing buttons, Dive Log is where you can specify the custom field names.
After you've set your default units for the dive logs, then pick the download wizard to pick your computer type, connection port, etc.

HTH

John

DR, at the top of the tree should be the profile name. Click that and the lower portion off the screen should change to user settings. THis is where you set to imperial.

Slow post, StSomewhere describes this much better.

dherbman:
Stan, what happens? Is your computer recognized by the program? Have you messed with port settings?? Are you using a serial port, USB or a USB with serial adapter? I had to adjust port settings before I was able to download.

In any case, it's true: SDM sucks.

The program runs fine and sees all my COM Ports. I try testing to see if the interface is connected and it fails...every time. I have adjusted every setting possible but nothing worked. I notice that there is a new download available. Maybe I will give this another try.

Back
Top Bottom