suunto d6i time and compass reset after battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chab

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi guys,

Before my dive trip, i decided to check my dive com and was notified with a battery low warning. Time, compass and buttons was working fine. I travel overseas quite often and used the compass to check my bearing regularly.(Google map often lead me to wrong directions).

After my battery change at a AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTER, i checked the time and tested the buttons, seems ok. i checked the compass and was prompted to recalibrate, fine i will do this at home. The shop technician also feedbacked my watch is very well maintained/clean.

After 1-2hrs later, the time selfreset to 1200hrs. when i try to calibrate the compass, it just wont calibrate. When i called them, they say to bring it down again, and i also asked if we need to do any firmware updates, the 'AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTER' shop technician says they do not any firmware updates and will require extra charge of $50. I thought while doing battery change, firmware update is also to be performed by them? Every few hours after i updated the time, it would selfreset to 1200hrs.

quoted from the manual itself: When you send your watch to an authorized Suunto service center for a battery change or other servicing, the software will be updated to the latest version.

Anyone knows how should i go about resolving these issues? D6i is not a cheap watch and i believe Suunto should do much better than this.

FYI, i am currently in SG for the next few months and hope to resolve this issues.

Brgs,
chab

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom