Suunto d5/ aqua i770 /Garmin descent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chidiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
Who has one(or more) of the above computers?

Thoughts? Impressions on use, etc would be appreciated. :yeahbaby:

Also, please keep it on these models.
I already read enough about Suunto steel/core/

AND heard enough about shearwater

Thanks

I spent a week in Cozumel recently with my new i770, and was very pleased. No rapid battery drain with the bright color screen, and the first time I was inclined to possibly use a digital compass instead if ignoring it in favor of analog. If you are in the Chicago area, you are welcome to stop by the shop and scope it out.

I spent a week in Cozumel recently with my new i770, and was very pleased. No rapid battery drain with the bright color screen, and the first time I was inclined to possibly use a digital compass instead if ignoring it in favor of analog. If you are in the Chicago area, you are welcome to stop by the shop and scope it out.

How was the vis outside in the sun?

I don’t remember any issues at the surface, but probably only looked at it to check pre-dive tank pressure. I was more cognizant of visibility in the water, remembering how my Aeris A300CS was. Very happy.

How long does fully charged batteries last?

Happy to comment. I have both the Shearwater Nerd II and the Perdix AI. If I were buying a new computer today, it would be the Teric, no question.

Aaron

How long does fully charged batteries last?
Can’t give one easy number, but from fully charged I put 21 dives on it across 6 days, and still haven’t charged it since. (Asleep since downloading the logs). It is at 41% right now.

I don’t remember the exact settings, but I was a tad conservative with the brightness and auto dim settings, and will bump them up for all future use now that I know/trust how it performs.

I don’t remember any issues at the surface, but probably only looked at it to check pre-dive tank pressure. I was more cognizant of visibility in the water, remembering how my Aeris A300CS was. Very happy.

Maybe I'll see if I can make it up that way. It's a long way with traffic

Happy to comment. I have both the Shearwater Nerd II and the Perdix AI. If I were buying a new computer today, it would be the Teric, no question.

Aaron

Thanks, but I don't want to read any more about shearwater. Which is why I put I don't want to read more about them. Also don't want to read about a couple of other models at the top of this thread I listed

There is enough here on SB about shearwater to write a series of novels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom