Suunto D4i rubber strap replacement to metal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AhmedSalem

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dears,

Did anyone try to replace the suunto D4/i rubber strap with a metal one .. there is no commercially available one from suunto. If yes for for which watch did it originally belong.. any support is much appreciated.

Cheers
Salem

Hi Salem,

For diving, many have gone to a bungee mount rather than metal. You don't want something stronger than your arm restricting you in a tug of war between you and an immovable object. See this link:
Deep Sea Supply -Backplates & Wings-SMB-HoseHat_Single tank & doubles Tank Scuba rigs_

If you are looking to wear your computer as a watch, that is a different story. Perhaps a watch shop or jewelry store could match the sizes.

BTW I see this is your fist post. Welcome to the forum.

Hi Salem,

For diving, many have gone to a bungee mount rather than metal. You don't want something stronger than your arm restricting you in a tug of war between you and an immovable object. See this link:
Deep Sea Supply -Backplates & Wings-SMB-HoseHat_Single tank & doubles Tank Scuba rigs_

If you are looking to wear your computer as a watch, that is a different story. Perhaps a watch shop or jewelry store could match the sizes.
I am currently wearing it as a watch and want to continue doing so.. I'll most probably go to a watch shop and see what happens.. I'll let you know thanks for the reply and happy diving

Back
Top Bottom