Suunto D4 shows wrong depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My Suunto d4 measures the wrong depth. It updates slowly and measures the bottom of the swimming pool to between 1.6 and 2 meters even though it is 4 meters deep. I has just got a new batteri.

Any ideas?

Firstly Suunto no longer monitor this forum

Couple of things to try. First give yoru computer a good soak and clean in case there is buildup in the pressure port leading to the sensor or on the sensor.

Try turning yoru computer on for a few minutes to allow the sensor to settle and "adjust" itself to atmospheric pressures.

If none of the above work then you need to send it to a dealer. It's very likely the pressure sensor has failed. These things happen with electronics. You don't say how old or how many dives your computer has. But you need to decide whether the cost of repair is worth it.

I try to give it a bath :wink:

How much does it cost to change pressure sensor? The watch is 9 years old and have mostly been used as normal watch and for freediving in pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom