Suunto Computers and Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I own three Suunto Computers, a gecko purchased in 2009, a zoop in 2011 and a vyper purchased in 2016. We are a family of four divers and the computers get plenty of use.

The gecko has been going strong with no issues. Just recently changed the battery for the 1st time. A real energy miser.

The vyper I purchased on sale new for $150 when the model was being replaced. Other than a hiccup with the temperature readings which was promptly serviced/replaced under warranty it has performed well.

The zoop on the last trip was malfunctioning regarding depth and time. Sent it back to Suunto for repairs. Long out of warranty. The pressure sensor is gone and for a repair they offered to send me a new novo zoop black for $150.00. I think it is a fair offer. A new novo zoop retails for $329. Comes with full 2 yr warranty.

The customer service for Suunto has been excellent on both occasions. Very easy to navigate their site and get a shipping label (their cost) to send the computer back. Easy to track both the return package and status of the repair. If under warranty they tell you the problem and either repair or replace. On the Zoop long out of warranty they tell you what is wrong and provide a cost for repair or replace and you can either accept or reject.

The excellent customer service makes up for whatever disappointment I have with having to repair or replace the computers. On the Zoop, I went to the website to register a repair and obtain a shipping label last Tue. Mailed it that day. Received in Utah on Fri and the diagnosis and repair/replacement estimate provided today. I accepted, paid through paypal and expect to receive the replacement soon. That is pretty darn fast.

Something to consider if in the market and something to know if you already own.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom