Suunto compass on Cetacean board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sniper5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm trying to put together a small nav board using a Cetacean board on a retractor. I like the board but don't like the compass (Cetacean) not forgiving on tilt and slow to recover. Would like to mount a Suunto 7 on the mount-is this possible? Also planning on drilling/routing and putting a dive watch just below the compass on the board, probably a G-shock. Has anyone done this? How did it work?

Thanks,

Mike

If you're still interested, this is what I did.

I mounted my Suunto wrist compass on a dive slate by cutting two horizontal slots along the top of the slate. This allows me to feed the two sides of the wrist band thru the holes and buckle it on the back side. That way I can remove it and still use it as a conventional wrist compass if desired in the future. I replaced the pencil with a mechanical wax marker.

Works great for more complex navigation.

There is no reason why this could also not be done with a G shock.

The other alternative is to use 3M 5200 as an adhesive. But that is more or less permanent. I tried silicone and it didn't work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom