Suunto Cobra3 and D6 Battery replacement.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Itchy_feet

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Suunto,

Do you have any authorised Suunto Dealers in the Jacksonville, FL area? The low battery warnings on both my D6 and Cobra3 dive computers popped up within a Dive of each other and I'm looking for someone to change them out for me.

Regards,

Josh

Josh,

The nearest authorized service center to you is Suunto Repair in Tampa, Fl. The website is Suunto Regional Service Center. Select the computer you have, follow the steps all the way until you get the service request form. Fill out the form and at the bottom you can add a second computer. Click on the button at the bottom of the screen that says create for RMA. You will receive an order confirmed page with an RMA #. You will also receive an email with all of the information you filled out as well as shipping address and instructions. Write that RMA# on the exterior of the box that you are sending your computers in and send them off. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

It's easy to change the battery on the Cobra 3 by yourself...

An it´s also easy to change the battery on the D6. All you need is a T-6 torx screwdriver to remove the bands and then a small phillips screwdriver to open te rear case. Buy for ten bucks the replacement kit, including the battery, the Oring and silicon grease Battastic on ebay. If you got all above it´s a piece of cake and there are even posts on scubaboard as how to proceed step by step.

Josh,

The Cobra 3 is a user change-able battery. The only difference is when the service center performs a battery service, they will also test dive the computer to 130 ft in a pressure pot. They will drive the computer into decompression and then bring it to the safety stop to to clear and make sure all of the functions are working properly. If you would like to change the battery yourself, there are how-to videos on Suunto.com as well as directions in your manual.

As for your D6, I strongly urge you to ignore prior posts about replacing the battery by yourself. There is delicate circuitry inside these units that can be damaged very easily. By opening your D6 you void any warranty. The service centers have proper equipment for ESD protection. Static discharges cannot be seen by the human eye and will cause a computer to malfunction. The service centers have machines to test the integrity of the computer and like I have explained before to test dive them, which ensures the computer is free from leaks and that all functions are working as designed by the manufacture.

If you have any other questions please ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom