Suunto Cobra to iPhone XR through USB Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GloryDayz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Before I buy one, has anybody been able to get the Suunto Cobra, using the USB cable, to connect to an iPhone using one of the OTG adapters?

Specifically I'd be looking to get it to connect to the Subsurface App, but if it takes another to accomplish the job, that's be fine too.

Thank is advance.

iphone-6-7-otg-usb-flash-driver-adapter-snapid-1704-10-snapid@4.jpg

That is 100% not going to work. Take a look at this instead...

https://www.divenavstore.com/

Ouch, that ain't cheap... Then again, all things iPhone come at a price, usually a high(er) price. At this point it looks like the son's going to have to wait to get back to the room to download his dives... Since we dive together, he can take his cues from what I download to my Droid.

Many many thank yous to you fine Sir..

Very cool. I'd still need to buy the USB-to-Lightening adapter, but it's very interesting. Too bad they don't appear to have any resellers.

If I was able to use this adapter, providing that it would read/move the camera's pics to his phone too, he could both evaluate the dive and publish it to the "Book of Face" (LMAO) from the boat during an SI.

Very cool. I'd still need to buy the USB-to-Lightening adapter, but it's very interesting. Too bad they don't appear to have any resellers.

If I was able to use this adapter, providing that it would read/move the camera's pics to his phone too, he could both evaluate the dive and publish it to the "Book of Face" (LMAO) from the boat during an SI.
I would avoid these Chinese made adapters based on my experience with 2 of them. In both cases the lightning jack was loose and wiggled and that's the way they arrived in the box. I then bought the Apple version and it is well made.

I would avoid these Chinese made adapters based on my experience with 2 of them. In both cases the lightning jack was loose and wiggled and that's the way they arrived in the box. I then bought the Apple version and it is well made.

Great point, and I doubt anybody would argue that logic.

Hmmm......

Isn’t the Apple adapter made in China? I know the iPhone is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom