Support this section

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monilite

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First of all I'd like to say that I am NOT one of those guys that slows down to rubberneck at a car accident. I am a new diver and got quite a lot of good help and tips from the Incidents area of this site. Obviously a post in this site will not be by the subject diver, but if you were closely involved with a fatal, or near fatal dive accident (thus able to give accurate first person report) I would encourage you to post here. Lessons learned in a classroom are great, but nothing beats real life. We learn from our mistakes, but to learn from someone else’s mistakes is true wisdom. Scuba is currently still a self regulated sport, so we need to watch out for each other more closely than say...race car drivers. While the section rules forbid statements of condolences, posting here would be the greatest way to salvage something from a very bad situation. What better tribute to a fallen comrade than to save someone else’s life by analyzing the incident and so probably preventing it from happening to someone else.

(Moderator board delete following before post)
I would hope that you consider posting this even though it is not technically what this area is about. When I clicked on the link to this area I got a blank screen and I don't think that is conducive to what you are trying to accomplish by offering this posting section in the first place. Perhaps you may consider posting this, or a headline from an incident in the worldwide media to prompt the kind of string you are looking for. I applaud this site for striving to keep everyone, especially us newbies, safer in the underwater environment we all love so dearly.

Thanks, regardless of your decision to post this or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom