Superior Producer "closed" to diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sladerer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All,

Can anyone confirm or refute that SP is closed to diving currently?

Thanks,

Scott

I haven't thought of the Superior Producer in years. I first dove it about 2 weeks after it sank in 1977. Got a bottle of White Star Champagne off it. :) Great memories!

As far as I am aware it is closed to shore diving due to constant ships being moored at one or both of the piers. One of the results of cruise ships having no place to sail to and needing semi permanent moorings. I'm not entirely sure what the rules are for boat diving it. Andy from Dive Charter might have more info on that one. As far as I am aware, even boats aren't allowed to dive it.

I haven't thought of the Superior Producer in years. I first dove it about 2 weeks after it sank in 1977. Got a bottle of White Star Champagne off it. :) Great memories!

When I did the SP, the wreck was totally stripped out of everything which made it kinda boring wreck. Some nice tarpon was on the wreck and that was it. Tugboat has/had more character.

All - quick update from my Curacao trip. The Norwegian Pearl is long-term docked at the pier by/above the SP. While rumor has it potentially leaving by the end of the month, the SP remains off limits to diving from boat or shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom