Super thick neoprene socks or other solution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pugsane

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Bought X-Large twin jets to fit my drysuit boots (rock boots) and then stopped using my drysuit (it's dead Jim) and now I am diving wet and need to wear multiple neoprene socks in my rockboots and my feet are always freezing. Anyone know of either a ridiculously thick neoprene sock without a sole or want to trade a set of X-Large jets for a medium? If I buy a sensible wetsuit boot to actually fit my fetus like feet I'll only need a medium fin. I can feel the water sloshing back and forth with each kick now...

NRS sells some really thick ones - usually for kayaking or wading. Might try there (they're great customer service, by the way).

Also, I looked at the Lavacore ones during the SCUBA show in Long Beach. They're pretty thick, too. They might be very nice if the Lavacore material works as advertised.

If your feet are cold, I would look at a well fitting 3 mm neoprene sock (no sole). And i would buy a pair of 5 or 7 mm dive boots with soles (that fit) and get the right size fins. Wearing ridiculous layers of neoprene on your feet is going tobe a problem due to compression at depth, they will be too loose at depth, too tight in shallow. If you are really strapped for cash, very thick wool hiking socks worn under dive boots help to keep you warm as well.

I know...fix your drysuit! I have 7mm booties that fit my XL Jets for warm water diving use.

We used to buy 7mm neoprene socks from MARVEL DIVING SUPPLY, but I can't seem to find MARVEL now.

The seasoft molded sole boots are thick and may give your a better fit. They are great for rough terrain.

Yeah actually getting stuff that fits might be the best solution.. I just like my rockboots.

I know...fix your drysuit! I have 7mm booties that fit my XL Jets for warm water diving use.

Naw, I actually enjoy wet diving alot more. It's only my feet that get cold anyway. Only had a Tri Lam suit anyway so it wasn't like I was used to sweating up a storm or anything. If you're diving in Newfoundland you aren't going to be warm anyway and I'd just as welll have the increased freedom of a wetsuit.

Back
Top Bottom