Super nice looking video light from the UK:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I realize this now sounds like an ad. I actually do not have one of these lights nor do I have any affiliation with the company. Just thought I would share. Maybe they suck ass.

At £2,850.00 (approx $3525USD or $4700CAD at today's exchange rate), I would expect it to be more than simply "Super nice"! WOW! I do not know a lot about video lights, but I am guessing that the target market for this is serious professionals looking at those producing video for TV documentaries or possibly movies.

Most of the trips I have been on wound up costing less than this including airfare.

At £2,850.00 (approx $3525USD or $4700CAD at today's exchange rate), I would expect it to be more than simply "Super nice"! WOW! I do not know a lot about video lights, but I am guessing that the target market for this is serious professionals looking at those producing video for TV documentaries or possibly movies.

Apparently that's more or less correct. Low-mid-budget professional productions or wealthy amateur wannabes.

The "EX" in the product name refers to "expedition range," according to their website.

From their web site:

"Orcalight was founded in 2013 to meet the demands of both professional and recreational divers looking for a step change in their underwater lighting capability, and in particular for underwater exploration, photography and videography."

"Doug Anderson, the Bafta and Emmy award-winning underwater cinematographer, a key member of the BBC’s Earth, Life and Frozen Planet series, has been heavily involved in the design of our first product."

30000 lumens, when burn your retinas bright isn't bright enough.

Back
Top Bottom