Sunshine Coast Shore Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit 4 life

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am heading up the Sunshine Coast for a bit of a long weekend, and was looking for some information on the following shore diving
sites, most of the information that i have now is from 141 Dives and 151 Dives by Betty Pratt-Johnson and some other info from
shorediving.com. I am finding that some of this information is misleading and out of date

The sites are:
Sargeant Bay
Brooks cove
Ole`s Cove
Woode`s Bay
Martin Cove (Francis Peninsula)
Earls Cove
Egmont (Islet at Secret Bay)

Or if anyone knows of any sites that I have not listed that are in the Pender Harbour area that would be great and even more helpful
then the dive sites could someone please mention a good pub

Thanks for any information, I`ll post when I get back on how some of these sites turn out.

Cheers

Great summer trip to the Sunshine Coast this time stayed at the Casa Amaral in Madeira Park (part of Pender Harbour). Lots of deck space for gear washing and drying, this gave the group access to some other dive sites then Tuwanek Beach. Martin Cove and Sergeant Bay, and what’s a trip to the Sunshine Coast without a dive at Tuwanek, that was it for the shore diving. We did get a charter out of Suncoast diving in Sechelt for under the power lines and an amazing dive on the Chaudiere which I now have to go back to for some planed penetration.

Martin Cove
Totally worth the drive, you start off with a nice shallow protected cove with a wall on the right hand side made up of both solid granite and lose rocks followed along the wall to a mix depth of 80 feet, the sandy bottom does drop down to possibly 100ft +/-. The wall curved to the right and looked like it lead to a sandy steep slope after maybe a 25 minute swim.

Sergeant Bay
Very nice dive if you’re looking for something with a max depth of less than 30ft so on the plus side don’t have to worry about dive times, spent 50 minutes exploring the large rock at the end of the beach, looks like there might even be a cave or cavern on the surface at low tide between the 2nd and 3rd rocks from the shore. Not an amazing dive but would consider it as an alternation to Coppers Green

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom