Sunfish Season in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

balisunfish

Reaction score
The upcoming Sunfish (or Mola Mola) season is fast approaching here in Bali. Make sure you don't miss out on this superb event. If you want more information about it, please have a look at our site http://www.balisunfish.com
Jon

Was just there earlier this month just before the full moon... Did 2 lovely drift dives along Nusa Penida at Kental and SD. Vis was excellent at 15-20m but note that the currents may shift suddenly with the tides. Expect steep thermoclines with the freezing Australian currents plunging down to 23C (brrrrrr....).

It was a bit early for molas and I didn't see any but tons of other pelagics. The currents were a bit strong that weekend and we skipped Manta Point/Toyapakeh (must go back!!!).

don't miss out on this superb event
..Well, I wouldn't call it an event, it's not like all sunfish suddenly congregate and have a party. Let's just say, now is the start of the best time to dive in Bali. The diving is great, the island is beautiful but they are still suffering the effects of tourists being too scared to travel. Want to see a sunfish? Bali Bali Bali.

Sunfish (Mola Mola) Creature Feature

During the months of August, September and Ocotber, the Sunfish congregate in large numbers around a certain few dive sites. Last season divers were lucky enough to spend long periods of time with anything from 1 to 20 sunfish. Given that these sunfish grow up to 3.5m in height, I, plus a load of other people, would say that is quite an event!

Back
Top Bottom