Sunday's (1/18) Maui dive photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
29.gif

I'm still not back in the water due to ocean conditions. Hopefully tomorrow, although another ocean swell is forecast. This is an archive photo from 4/02, a month after getting my first underwater digital camera/housing. Time flies!

WWII tank remains in 81 feet of water about 1.5 miles offshore from Big Beach. A kayak dive buddy is in the photo. I found a WWII military flashlight on this wreck.

011804.jpg

Olympus C2040Z/PT-010, Auto Mode, No internal/external strobe.

Great shot of your dive buddy and tank. Is the tank a "cast off" being that far from shore?

Animation looks great, are you lucky enough to have the KYK DVR personalized plate? (Very Cool)

Thanks for your post and sharing a little of the warmth of Hawaii.

Mahalo,

Sterlingdiver

Thanks TedJ and SterlingDiver.

Not sure how that tank got there. I do know that Big Beach was used by the Marines during WWII for amphibious landing assault practice. It could have been the result of an accident or as you say a, "cast off".
The license plate is mine.

Back
Top Bottom