Sunday Dive - Porteau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a heads up, we went to pick our tanks at Ocean Quest today, and I guess they'd sent an Advanced class out that way today only to find out that Porteau Cove is now apparently closed for the Olympics due to proximity to the emergency ferry pier... So be ready to find another spot if need be.

(Which is annoying, we were going to dive there today, but one of our drysuits needs a repair so we decided to not dive)

Last edited:
Hey John, can you confirm that tomorrow - we were talking about local access today and any info would be good.

Thanks bighiller.. Hopefully that means we can still dive there, it just might be awkward to get there?

Yeah, we were there on Friday and had to go to furry creek and turn around and go back to get into the parking lot... That is unless you are into illegal left turns to speed up the process:wink:

I don't think it will be a problem, however if it is closed there are several great spots to dive close by.

A special thanks to the idiot who flipped their car just after Furry Creek on the way back to Porteau. I'm sitting in a lineup now for an hour just to get back. I knew we should have busted a left turn back at the entrance!

BTW we did not locate the rail car but I think we're getting closer, we found several long lengths of rail track strewn throughout the rubble.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom