Sunday 8-6 Ft W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone planning on diving Ft W this Sun Am? Looks like a good day. High tide 7:30 AM, light winds from the NW, Sun and in the 70s. Newport NOAA temp buoy reading 70 for a water temp. If I can get motivated to get up and on the road early I may shoot to get there around 8:30 AM. TK

Wow I did not know this thread would have such power! Arrived at FT W this am and there were already plenty of cars of divers and kayakers ready to hit the water. I was the first to hit the water at about 8:00 AM. High tide, calm conditions with sunny skies. I descended almost immediately past the boat launch and navigated across the bottom of the cove towards the walls on the western side. Once hitting rocks and wall from the sand bottom headed south with the wall on my right. At about 20 minutes saw something I have not seen before. A large pipe looking object coming out and angling down from the wall. About 12" in diameter with an opening and it may be in pieces as the last piece with the opening was running at a different angle almost parallel with the bottom about 5' off the bottom. Anyone know what this is? Strange in all these years having never seen it. From the growth it has been there a good long while. Like to think it was a gun barrel but it could not be because others would have seen it and reported it as such. Posting two videos, one with the object. Turned around and headed back with the wall on my left. Finished up the dive surfacing along the wall a couple min kick back to the boat launch. 48 mins. 64-66 degrees. Beautiful dive.

When I surfaced there were flags and floats everywhere with a group of about a dozen in the water ready to start their dive. Up in the parking lot it was almost full with kayakers and divers all around. Nice to see the crowd above water and not below.

Note that the portapotties were not there. Someone said they were damaged by fire and have not yet been replaced.

Last edited:
Note that the portapotties were not there. Someone said they were damaged by fire and have not yet been replaced.

Mexican food?

Having trouble with the video

Not sure why I can't post video that is in my FB library

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing. Ever see the pipe before?

Videos state they are private. Vandals burned the portapotties

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom