Sun Dancer (Belize) Owner's Suite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichKirby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone give any pros/cons of the owner's suite on the Belize Sun Dancer vs. one of the deluxe cabins? Thanks.

Your pros may be my cons, but the basic difference is that it is downstairs, it is bigger, but has smaller windows. So you have more stair climbing, furthest travel to the dive deck and food, less rocking in the waves.

I have not stayed in a deluxe, just owners and masters. My memory may be a bit faulty...

I forget which rooms are closest to the generators, could be the middle deluxe cabins. But I think the owners gets a bit more wave noise at night. Owners gets no noise from the salon, deluxe are right below it and do get noise from the salon if there is a party going on. If you are napping in the owners you may sleep through the dive bell if they just ring it in the hallway upstairs. I believe owners get lots of engine noise when boat is underway.

we normally pick one of the master rooms, but will be in owners once again on our upcoming trip in may.

Thanks for the reply. So I guess, other than dealing with the stairs, you would recommend the owner's suite? I'm not willing to pay the extra for the master rooms, so it is between the owner's suite and the deluxe rooms as they are the same price.

I recommend one of the masters. We only take the owners if we are late booking. The difference in price gets smaller if you divide it by the 7 days and then compare the daily amount to the price of a pitcher of beer at home. It's vacation. Indulge yourself. Splurge just a little bit.

in reality all of the rooms are fine. They all are the same when you are asleep. Very few people spend their spare time hidden in their room.

Just returned from a week in the owners suite.

no issues with engine or generator noise. We did miss a few bells. Th extra distance to GE downstairs was not a issue. Room is very large, with 2 small port holes. Shower is large.

Back
Top Bottom