Summer trip to Phuket Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings all,
My wife and I are planning a trip this summer to the Phuket area. Summer is the only time we both have off (education...). We are thinking end of June/Early July for about 10 days. We have never been to the area. What options are available during this time? I understand some areas are closed for the season then. Not looking for luxury or big nightlife, dive, sleep, shop, eat drink, repeat basically. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Many years ago my wife and I dove and stayed with Seabees in Phuket and Koh Lak. The resort was excellent, small, super clean and beautiful. In Phuket, it's a short walk to Chalong pier or the dive shop. For us, it was dive, eat, massage, relax in the pool, repeat. We spent over a week in Phuket and Koh Lak. Both very enjoyable with Koh Lak being a little more low key. Lots of great restaurants around and nice walks. I've recommended them often and they still get great reviews.

The only divesites closed that time of year are the Similans etc., and those are quite far away for a daytrip from Phuket anyways. So you can really enjoy your diving here. See here an overview of the July weather the last years.

I would recommend to stay in Kata beach. Closest beach area to Chalong Pier with a good choice of restaurants and some bars as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom