Summer Safety Splash 2005 at Lake Allatoona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leo311

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Between North Metro Atlanta the the Middle East
Safe Kids of Georgia will be sponsoring Summer Safety Splash on June 11th 2005 from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm at the Galts Ferry Day Use Area on Lake Alltoona. There will be FREE PFD's for children, Free admission to the park, a kids fishing tournament, games for the kids, music and Water Safety Instruction. The Cherokee County will be represented by the Fire Department, Dive Team, Search and Rescue Team, Sheriff's Office, Woodstock Police Department and others. Make plans now to attend.

This is a yearly program that is put on by Safe Kids of Georgia in order to promote water safety awareness. Please spread the word. Anyone wanting more info or directions can PM me or call the FD @ 678-493-4343. Leo.

I'd go Leo, but I'm going to be in NFL taking my Cavern Course. Take some pictures and please post how things went.

Matt

Well, it's done for another year. The turnout was great considering what the weather was supposed to be doing. It didn't rain a drop on us. A good time was had by all and as usual, I ate too many hot dogs. We put on a search and recovery demo. Commissioner Karen Mahurin was in attendance and assisted with the "operation". The Woodstock P.D. had personnel in the water conducting water safety instruction for the smaller ones, the Cherokee County S.O. was represented by a member of their K-9 unit, the Explorers and Reserve Deputies. There were vehicles from the Fire & Emergency Services, the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Team. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources had an Officer showing off some of our local residents (see the pics). Representatives from the Corps of Engineers were present. It was a wonderful day. Thanx to those who attended, sorry for those who couldn't. Here's a link for some pictures.

http://www.internationaldivemasters.com/Pictures2.html

See ya next year, Leo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom