Summer 2015 trip to Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curtis Dawson

Registered
Reaction score
I am in the very early planning stages of a trip to Italy in the summer of 2015. I was last there in the summer of 75 and have fond memories of snorkeling with my dad in a little cove in the Salerno area. My wife is not a diver, but wants to see Italy especially the Tuscan region. So I am thinking of flying into Florence; pick up a rental car and touring on down along the coast to Salerno and swing back north thru Rome on the return to Florence. Any suggestions on ways to trim costs and what places to avoid and what hidden gems to seek out?:no:

There are lots of nice places to visit.

You might want to start with the Cinque Terre region, even so it is north of Florence. The villages (especially the more southern) are nice to visit as a tourist and might want offer the opportunity for a first dive (I dove about 4-5 years ago there in Levanto and surrounding region).

Then getting south to Pisa and from there to Piombino, for taking a ferry and visting Portoferraio.

Next Rome ... Well nothing to add as it is probably wellknown and documented.

And on the return trip, visting San Marino.

These are only a few suggestions.

Enjoy your trip.

Hit Milan, Venice, Rome, Naples, Salerno, Florence, Pisa, Isle of Capri and several other towns when I was there last. I liked the southern part of the country better then the northern part. As it seemed more relaxes and life was at a more relaxed pace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom