Suit size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frogman82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I have a DUI CF300 drysuit, I actually bougt this suit used a couple of years ago. It fits like a glove but being a signature suit I was wondering how it would compare to a standard size suit. It has serial number 23358.

It would also be great if you could tell me a bit more about the cf 300, when production started and why it was discontinued. It seems to me that this suit is kinda rare, and mine looks brand new so I think I actually have a special suit at hand living happily in Norway :)

Thanks!

Hi Frogman82 -

There is a chance we could have the measurements on file. I am emailing Pam@DUI-Online.com and see if we can track it down.

You can also have your local DUI dealer take your measurements and the factory can take these measurements and suggest a stock size.

The CF300 was very similar to the CF200 just manufactured with thinner material. What happened was when we purchased the raw material the manufacture was allowed certain 'tolerances'. Some material was to thin and it leaked. This was an immediately known issue. The materials manufacture was not able to correct the issue. As your note above states those that had CF300s absolutely loved them.

You are correct. Your DUI is unique :wink:

I will let you know what I hear back from Pam.

Thank you,

Kathy

---------- Post added February 28th, 2014 at 07:43 PM ----------

Pam says the suit is closest to a size large.

It was built mid to late '90's.

Our patterns have changed over the years so you would want to use your current measurements and our current size chart. I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you,

Thanks Kathy! My gut feeling is that the suit is about a size lagre tall. It's made in 1998, as stated on the original zipper before it got replaced, but it is in pristine condition. It looks actually brand new. I'm super happy with it!

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
Hans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife had a CF300 we bought new from a local dealer. We got a great deal on it, and she absolutely loved it. But one day (about 3 years after she got the suit) just as we started a 4 day liveaboard trip in the Channel Islands the suit leaked like a sieve. We searched everywhere for the leak, but could find no obvious problems. The zipper and seals were in good shape and there were no rips or tears. We sent it back to DUI for repair and received the response that the suit was unrepairable. Worse, the warranty was invalid! Unknown to us, the dealer had sold us a suit that was some kind of a return to DUI and there was no warranty at all on the suit. When we contacted DUI, we were told that the neoprene which was used in the CF300 was known to be prone to some kind of degradation wherein water could enter the neoprene at one point from the outside, travel in a path through the neoprene which was parallel to the surface of the suit, then enter the interior at some other point. It was explained to us at that time that the reason the CF300 was discontinued was precisely because of this unreliability of the neoprene.

Our gripe was really with the dealer, not with DUI. The dealer knew this suit did not have a warranty when he sold it to us. He is out of business now, BTW.

The CF300's were manufactured mid 1990's.

DUI can research a drysuit for anyone if we have the serial number. If you have a question on the warranty or manufacture date please let us know. Support@DUI-Online.com is ready to help.

Thank you.

My wife had a CF300 we bought new from a local dealer. We got a great deal on it, and she absolutely loved it. But one day (about 3 years after she got the suit) just as we started a 4 day liveaboard trip in the Channel Islands the suit leaked like a sieve. We searched everywhere for the leak, but could find no obvious problems. The zipper and seals were in good shape and there were no rips or tears. We sent it back to DUI for repair and received the response that the suit was unrepairable. Worse, the warranty was invalid! Unknown to us, the dealer had sold us a suit that was some kind of a return to DUI and there was no warranty at all on the suit. When we contacted DUI, we were told that the neoprene which was used in the CF300 was known to be prone to some kind of degradation wherein water could enter the neoprene at one point from the outside, travel in a path through the neoprene which was parallel to the surface of the suit, then enter the interior at some other point. It was explained to us at that time that the reason the CF300 was discontinued was precisely because of this unreliability of the neoprene.

Our gripe was really with the dealer, not with DUI. The dealer knew this suit did not have a warranty when he sold it to us. He is out of business now, BTW.

Is this degradation something that was affecting all the cf300's or just one or more batches?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Frogman. My understanding it was not from degradation. The CF300's were made from thinner material. The tolerances and the variations of the material were inconsistent and the manufacture could not provide a consistent thickness of the material.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom