Suit for FL Spring Diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
What are you guys currently using for Florida Spring diving. The water I understand is 69-72.

Thanks.

7mm - drysuit...

depending on what type of diving your doing will dictate your suit. if you're open water or cavern diving a thick wetsuit would be plenty for your limited bottom time

What are you guys currently using for Florida Spring diving. The water I understand is 69-72.

Thanks.

A 5 or 7 mil will do for the water, but for this time of year in the North Florida springs, a Drysuit is nice on your SI. I dived Paradise Spring in Ocala Saturday, and it was my first drysuit dive of the fall season. The air temp was 55F with a light breeze. I was comfortable, but my buddy, who was wearing a five mil was cold on the SI between dives. :palmtree: Bob

I can't afford a drysuit at this time, so it'll need to be a reasonably priced 5mm suit.

From what I hear, the WaterProof 5mm Linx suit is near the warmth of a lesser quality 7mm
Waterproof 5mm Lynx Jumpsuit 050 with reviews at scuba.com

I have one of their 3mm suits and the fit, quality and features are amazing for the price.

Last time I dove the Florida Springs I went in swim trunks. LOL. Of course I'm used to Lake Michigan and grew up swimming in water much colder then the springs. I did have to limit my bottom time to about an hour though.

5-7 mil for me and I prefer to use my dry suit when it's cold outside in the winter. If I use a 5 mil then I usually add a hood as well for a long dive. YMWV.

Thanks guys for the replies, I'll go with a WaterProof 5mm and hood.

Maybe Drysuit next year....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom