Suggestions on next diving destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Claus J Schnabel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First off: Don't turn this into a travel or not in Covid discussion. Next dive trip timing is TBD, but I'm a planner.

Looking for suggestions for the destination. I will be traveling with my 24 year old daughter who is advanced certified. We've been to Cozumel twice and really liked it but ready for something new. He have done dives during cruises in St. Maarten and St. Kitts and some off Key Largo. I'm in my 50ies and grew up diving off the Venezuelan coast and Bonaire. I am drawn to take my daughter there, but haven't been since the early '90ies. We'll only have a week, so want to stay in the Caribbean not to waste time traveling. Not much for cold water and like the "larger" sea life. Much prefer all inclusive with on-site dive outfits.

What do you recommend?

Providencia Colombia. But it depends when because right now the island is in ruins because of Hurricane Iota. Some incredible diving there though.

I love good Caribbean diving; you already know about the Florida Keys, but there's more good U.S. diving - and the sand tiger sharks over the deep wrecks out of North Carolina, or Jupiter, FL for a regular drift diving trip to see lemon sharks (winter) or Goliath grouper (later in the year) (or even a shark feeding dive once she's more experienced, though that's controversial)...and if you're willing to deal with cold water for a really different experience, California.

Bonaire is the obvious choice; I've been there not long ago. Another option if you want to mix in more boat dives and have more topside stuff is Curacao. Another option for boat diving with substantial house reef shore diving is CocoView Resort in Roatan, or some options in Grand Cayman once it opens back up.

I think shore diving would be 'something different.' If you're interested in live-aboard options, that opens up another set of options.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom