Suggestions on camera kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First real… posting in this section; lots of reading and lurking.
I just received a SP-350 as a birthday present and will be buying a pt-030 for the case.

What do people put in their kit for their cameras?
Extra o-ring, specific grease for the o-ring, someone mentioned a type of tool, and a soft caring case? What about extra memory cards?

The provided battery was a CR-V3 lithium- has anyone used NiHM batteries or is it best to just use the cr-v3; is rechargeable version available?

To pressure test the case- I and guessing- 2lbs?
Will 30ft do or is deeper suggested?
Is this something that is required every time out?

Awesome group of divers- the sticky, signature lines have been a great help.
Plus Gilligan’s kayak site and jlyle with his trip reports- drives my motivation.

After 16 years of diving this is exciting stuff.
Thanks ahead of time-
Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Congrats on your new toy! Your PT-030 will come with O-Ring grease (very specific) and a little tool. You'll want a couple of CRV-3 rechargeables and a charger. You can get these locally (I got mine at Radio Shack) but a lot of people prefer to go online. Thomas Dist. has several choices. I would suggest at least two one gig type "H" xd memory cards. Olympus suggests doing a test dive with an empty housing. I did, and advise you to as well. I have a soft case for my cameras, batteries and memory, etc. that I think I bought at a Wal-Mart and a big, heavy, strong and secure Pelican Case that my Housing, camera, strobes and lenses fit into that I can throw into the back of the car or strap down in the boat, so I don't step on or toss something at the camera while I'm rigging up my tank, pulling the anchor, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom