suggestions for relocating?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Don't come to Ft Myers - we dont have an international air port (RSW), we aren't close to any diving (coughcough), and most importantly, there isn't any housing available at all... :D

Just tell them to move to Cape Coral instead. I know my ex's parents will be happy to have more neighbors. :eyebrow:

Paul

CBulla:
Yeah.. move to Cape Coral, land of the artificially created housing shortage and even more artificially created prices! :D

barren land of no trees

schancr:
The only real criteria I have is that I need to live within about a 1 hour drive of an airport. !

Are you limiting yourself to the United States? If not, there are WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better choices for great diving than Florida, which seems to be the place of choice on this thread. Lots of places right here in the Carib but it's a bit expensive. Southeast Asia is way cheaper. The Indo Pacific I believe is the best diving on the planet. Hawaii, Guam, Palau.....it goes on and on.........

Hank49:
Are you limiting yourself to the United States? If not, there are WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better choices for great diving than Florida, which seems to be the place of choice on this thread. Lots of places right here in the Carib but it's a bit expensive. Southeast Asia is way cheaper. The Indo Pacific I believe is the best diving on the planet. Hawaii, Guam, Palau.....it goes on and on.........

That is what international airports are for!

CBulla:
Yeah.. move to Cape Coral, land of the artificially created housing shortage and even more artificially created prices! :D

I was thinking of moving there in the late 80's, a brand new 3 bedroom house a few blocks from the ocean was about $ 60,000. Did the prices increase? :wink:

Marvel:
As usual, Grier said it all. The only thing that I can add is the beach diving is AWESOME in my side yard in Lauderdale By The Sea.

I agree, when I used to live in Florida this was the place I used to go for beach diving.

ams511:
I was thinking of moving there in the late 80's, a brand new 3 bedroom house a few blocks from the ocean was about $ 60,000. Did the prices increase? :wink:

You wouldn't believe the prices in Cape Coral. I live in a rental house about 15 minutes off the Caloosahatchee and another hour off the Gulf and the landlord wants $300,000. Vintage 1973 house too with the avocado green appliances and foil wallpaper. What a mess.

If I were moving to Florida and didn't have to worry about finding a good paying job, I would stay South of Orlando and North of Palm Beach on the East coast. Melbourne, Vero, Port St Lucie, Stuart, Hobe Sound and Jupiter (Melbourne and Jupiter are within an hour of MCO and PBI respectively) are all great locations, except for the airport requirement.

Good luck,
Joe

JustJoe:
If I were moving to Florida and didn't have to worry about finding a good paying job, I would stay South of Orlando and North of Palm Beach on the East coast. Melbourne, Vero, Port St Lucie, Stuart, Hobe Sound and Jupiter (Melbourne and Jupiter are within an hour of MCO and PBI respectively) are all great locations, except for the airport requirement.

Good luck,
Joe
Great places to live, horrible place to find a job...at least that is what I am told. No jobs there...houses cheap.

Scuba_Jenny:
Great places to live, horrible place to find a job...at least that is what I am told. No jobs there...houses cheap.

That is why I am in Fort Myers. I moved away from my birth place (WPB) and moved back to Port St Lucie while working for an out of state employer. Port St Lucie was awesome and the home prices were fantastic. When I left the old job, couldn't find a job there that would pay worth a hill of beans.

But I would do it again if given the opportunity. I loved the area.

Joe

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom