suggestions for coolpix setup TTL combinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vieque

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello;

Im getting my system together (using a Nikon Coolpix 5700 in Ikelite housing and Ikelite DS50 substrobe). I also have a Nikonos SB105 that I can use.

My questions are:

a) Should I buy the sync cord for the Nikonos (to use it as the main flash) and buy the slave sensor (you can see it here) for the DS50?

b) Should I buy the dual sync cord (Ikelite # IK4115.35) (see product here) that connects both the Nikonos and the SB50?

or

c) Should I leave it like that (using the Nikonos in slave mode and the SB50 as the main flash)?

I have doubts about these combinations in relation the TTL functionality.

Thanks for any help,

vieque

Use the Nikon as the primary and Ikelite with wireless ttl as the slave strobe. This is mainly because you can’t use the Nik 105 as a ttl slave.

I’m not sure the Ike ds50 and the 105 can be used on a dual cord. I never use dual cords always the Ike on a ttl slave sensor.

I did this successfully with a housed n90s and now it works very well with my housed coolpix 5000, Aquatica housing, 19mm wide-angle lens behind a dome port with 2 Ikelite 100a one on a ttl sensor. I like the 100a as I don’t need the DS strobes and they both have modeling lights which helps the auto focus grab and hold the subject.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom