http://www.diveheart.org/

SUDS in the V.I.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sgt_grinch

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New to the board and diving and I just finished my cert. with these guys down in St. John. Great bunch of people doing a great thing. Had a blast and can't wait to dive with them again. Thanks guys for all the support.

Congrats on your new c-card!
SUDS is a great great thing. Leave it to Rocky (John Thompson) to head up such an organization.
What was the best thing you saw on your dives?

ABC News

Which one are you SGT Grinch??

LetterBoy, thanks for posting the link to the show. I was so upset with myself that I missed it. You da bomb!
I try :)
I'm Sgt Edwards. The double above the knee amputee. Yellow rashguard..
SGT Edwards, Congrats! If you are ever back in the MD area and looking to dive shoot me a message it would be my pleasure to dive with you.

We just recently went to St. John for SUDS. Let me start out by staying what a truly amazing week we had. The community on St. John is like an extended family. The out pouring of the islands generosity was extremely generous and unexpected. Our week was filled with great diving and fun filled top side activities. Every day we had huge amounts of food donated. From the restaurants to the Westin the guys had more food than they could take in. Bob Woodruff from ABC News came down to spend time with the guys. The SUDS program was featured on ABC’s Good Morning America. You can see the clip at ABC News
We just received an email that another segment will air on ABC Nightly News this Thursday or next Monday.

I want to thank all of the restaurants for their generosity. These great men really do deserve it. The following were all the restaurants that so graciously donated their time and money for the men and staff of SUDS.
• Banana Deck
• Donkey Diner
• High Tide
• Inn @ Tamarind
• Island Blues
• Quiet Mon Pub
• Shipwreck Landing
• Sun Dog
• The Balcony
• The Fish Trap
• The Lime Inn
• The Westin
• Woody’s
• Zo Zo’s
We all really appreciate what you did for the SUDS organization while in St. John. We definitely hope to come back to St. John in the future. Thanks again St. John for your support!!!

You are an awesome diver, so happy to see you on the board!!! Lets go diving soon! You rock Sgt. Edwards!!! I am working on getting diving gear discounts for SUDS soldiers/marines so we can keep you diving! You look amazing in the water! Let me know if you need anything!

This is truly an awesome program. I am so excited to meet and help these guys this year in GTMO. This upcoming weekend should be so much fun. There truly is no better community than the dive community, couple that with the commradery we have in the military it should be a outstanding event this year as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom