Suction cup tank holders.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dale M

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Any one tried these things? Not real fond of drilling holes in my boat. Considering either a 3 or 4 tank unit.

What specific thing are you considering? I bought some suction cup devices with large angular D-type rings on them, as an anchor point for bungied to hold tanks. You pump the suction cups until they are well adhered. They work very well, so long as the surface is large enough and smooth. HERE's the website.

I saw them on a boat here, and the owner liked them a lot. I passed on them because I needed to rack out lots of tanks - I have mounts for 10 tanks in the stern and 4 forward. The major drawback was the price - the cost of one 2-rack model covered my parts to put in 14 bolted-in tank holders.
The suction cup racks will hold your tanks securely. With a 4-tank rack, you might want to mount it as far aft as you can though.

One of the reasons I bought them was that they gave me a lot of flexibility in terms of what kinds of tanks were loaded on the boat, and where I could put them for best balance. A lot of my friends dive nothing but doubles, and normal tank racks can make that difficult to handle. Using the system I got also allows me to put tanks further forward than I could do with a bolted into tank rack, and if we get too much weight aft, our boat won't plane.

I like them. They weren't cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom