Subsurface - gas switch and SAC Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyLitigator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Subsurface question. How to show a gas switch for SAC rate purposes.

I did a dive yesterday that include a gas switch from back gas (Shearwater transmitter) to deco gas (no transmitter). Tec40 training dive. When I exported to subsurface, it showed the gas switch, but assumed I held my breath the entire time I was on deco gas, which was a awhile for simulation reasons. Although I appreciate the god-like SAC rate it shows, I was wondering if there was a way to tell Subsurface "I only used the back gas prior to the gas switch." Adding the deco gas manually doesn't seem to help. Thanks.

Setting start and end pressure, plus size, for the cylinder you switched to should update SAC. When doing a test locally on a test file I have I had to enable showing unused cylinders in the settings to be able to edit the cylinder that was switched to.

If you just add a new cylinder and it's not the one switched to in the change event, then it won't be used for sac calculations. You can also change which cylinder the gas change event changed to by right clicking on the event in the profile.

Setting start and end pressure, plus size, for the cylinder you switched to should update SAC. When doing a test locally on a test file I have I had to enable showing unused cylinders in the settings to be able to edit the cylinder that was switched to.

If you just add a new cylinder and it's not the one switched to in the change event, then it won't be used for sac calculations. You can also change which cylinder the gas change event changed to by right clicking on the event in the profile.
Thanks. That worked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom