Subsurface 4.6.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirkhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are happy to announce the release of our latest update, Subsurface 4.6.4.

In the two months since our last release, we added a feature that a lot of users asked us about: the ability to quickly manually enter new dives with just depth and duration, without using the very nice, but sometimes a bit too time consuming graphical profile editor. We heard you - let us know what you think.

We also fixed quite a few bugs, improved the dive planner, improved import both from dive computers as well as other dive logs formats and dealt with minor issues here and there.
For all the details, please take a look at the full announcement.

As always, binaries for Windows, Mac, generic Linux and a number of specific Linux distributions are available from our download page

@dirkhh, I've fixed several bugs in the Liquivision import section of Subsurface, including a nasty buffer overrun bug that causes Subsurface to crash on me consistently when importing my Liquivision Lynx dive log.

I'm a long-time Windows dev and don't have the time right now to setup a Linux VM and learn the Subsurface build and dev environment. The fixes are all isolated to the core\liquvision.c file and have been tested on Windows using a simple test harness.

I'd like to get these changes to the group for incorporation into the next release if you'd accept them. I can provide an unmodified snapshot and the modified liquivision.c so you can do a diff, as well as an annotated diff that describes my changes.

Just had the opportunity to try the new release yesterday. Overall, I found it works like a charm. Only issue I had was importing dives from my Perdix. Couldn't seem to get it to work. It would pair, but the Perdix would show waiting for cmd, and the software never downloaded the dives. Ended up importing my shearwater desktop logs instead. Any suggestions for next time?

Perdix or Perdix AI? There is a known issue that Subsurface can't currently connect to a BlueToothLE device (like the Perdix AI). Import into Shearwater Desktop, then export to SubSurface. See this report:
Google Groups

@dirkhh, I've fixed several bugs in the Liquivision import section of Subsurface, including a nasty buffer overrun bug that causes Subsurface to crash on me consistently when importing my Liquivision Lynx dive log.

I'm a long-time Windows dev and don't have the time right now to setup a Linux VM and learn the Subsurface build and dev environment. The fixes are all isolated to the core\liquvision.c file and have been tested on Windows using a simple test harness.

I'd like to get these changes to the group for incorporation into the next release if you'd accept them. I can provide an unmodified snapshot and the modified liquivision.c so you can do a diff, as well as an annotated diff that describes my changes.

Always happy to get submissions. Take a look at Contributing | Subsurface for details about contributing to the project. Send patches (with Signed-off-by: line) to the mailing list (subsurface@subsurface-divelog dot org) or create a pull request on GitHub - Subsurface-divelog/subsurface: This is the official upstream of the Subsurface divelog program

Perdix or Perdix AI? There is a known issue that Subsurface can't currently connect to a BlueToothLE device (like the Perdix AI). Import into Shearwater Desktop, then export to SubSurface. See this report:
Google Groups
Just a standard Perdix. It's having no issue pairing, just not sending the command to download dives.

Send patches (with Signed-off-by: line) to the mailing list (subsurface@subsurface-divelog dot org)
Done. Wasn't sure if the patch file needed to be in the message contents or as an attachment so I did both.

How often do Windows builds occur (i.e., when might I be able to get binaries that include my changes)?

Is there a way to add equipment beyond cylinders and weights? Is there somewhere that I can enter information about exposure protection, etc?

Is there a way to add equipment beyond cylinders and weights? Is there somewhere that I can enter information about exposure protection, etc?

Under Notes is a good place ... It conveniently shows up in the mobile app as well.....

I normally put in a quick line with tanks, and any ballast (canisters, lead, etc)

_R

I saw that area after I made the post, in fact I had already filled it out without realizing. I think it would make more sense to be under the equipment tab, since there are really only 2 pieces of equipment that you can put there right now.

I am really enjoying the software and find it much easier to use than DiverLog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom