Substitute for glowsticks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaufdropp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know a good substittute for those glowsticks, tthey are horrible for the environment.

Glo-toob. Very nice, rugged.

Yep... Glow-toob... very good...

I had an idea (yet to be tested, so perhaps not going to work out for me) to put one of the keychain LED lights in a ziplock sandwich bag (air squeezed out) inside another ziplock sandwich bag (air squeezed out). If it leaks, I'm out $3.00. If it works, I can use it on the next dive. Most of those LED keychains are supposed to last over 10 - 15 hours on the included battery. If it lasts 2 dives, I win on price. If it lasts 3 or 4 dives, the environment should be the winner too.

Glo-toob's are terrific! Watch out though, I had one flood out on me even though I inspected the O-ring and seating surface before I dove with it. I even put a film of silicone grease on the o-ring too.

I sent it back, and got a new one in return, but it took a couple of months.

I've flooded my glo-toob a couple of times. I can't figure out why, perhaps a faulty unit. Anyway, both times I've cleaned them out, dried them fully and given the contacts a light spray with contact spray, put in new batteries and they're back in business. Very rugged!
I haven't sent mine back though.

Just wanted to add that the Glowtoob clip (belt clip) is the perfect size to fit on my tank band.

They snap into place in the holder, here's a pic link:

http://www.glo-toob.com/glo-clip off.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom