For Sale SubSee adapters and diopters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey Max, I'll take your +10 for $99. Do you want to go through Ebay?

By the way, I already have the +5 Subsea and use it all the time. It's really great for small stuff in the 1/2" - 3" range. I shoot it with a 105mm lens and the +5 lets you get much closer. Highly recommended.

Sample photo:

Redondo Pier December 17, 2020 (62 of 103).jpg

We are jealous. We are thinking of doing a road trip from LA to Seattle to shoot lumpsuckers. Are they around this time of year and can you find them easily enough?
Bill

I'd say we are nearing the end of Lumpsucker season now. They are getting bigger and maybe laying eggs before they vanish for the rest of the year. The most likely times to find them are between November and February in Puget Sound. There are a couple of shore diving sites where people find them the most frequently. They #1 hot spot is the Redondo Pier in DesMoines, about 20 minutes south of Seattle.

They are not all the easy to spot especially if you've never seen them before. Experienced lump-hunters can help you out if you ask. You just need to know what to look for and be patient. They are mostly found at night (which starts at about 5pm in Lump season) in 10-20 feet of water along the shore.

Definitely make the trip up here for some diving though. This last year has been boom time for the Giant Pacific Octopus. I've seen more and larger GPO's this year than I recall in the last 20 years at some of the popular dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom