Subic Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I recently had the chance to photograph several of the wrecks in Subic Bay, Philippines. We did some of the dives as tech dives, one, to the Banshu Maru, due to the depth (52 meters), others, in the 35-45 meter range, to get more bottom time.

The visibility was mixed, some dives inside the bay were a bit murky, while the viz at the F4 fighter jet wreck which is located just outside of the bay, was a good 20 meters.

There was quite a lot of nice marine life on the wrecks, like the frogfish below!

A big thanks to Kent and the crew at Arizona Dive Shop for the great diving experience!

A more detailed write-up of my trip, including some tips for wreck photography, is here.

Here are some pictures from my dives:
32147491720_9dd15827e5_c.jpg

32564160855_49f60f9790_c.jpg

31688342253_2d80c64def_c.jpg

31725272714_c9a14f16c6_c.jpg

Beautiful photo of the Phantom! You certainly lucked out with the visibility on that one; much better than I found on it, week-before-last. (A very short visit for me, to avoid deco, even with 26% nitrox IIRC.)

Back
Top Bottom