Sub Surface 4.5 w/ Suunto vyper, surface temp abnormality.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TT_Vert

Contributor
Reaction score
Just started a new dive trip and the first two dives I imported into sub surface showed the surface temp but all subsequent dives do not show an air temp in sub surface. Any idea what I may be doing wrong or how I can correct this? I generally let the water contact activate the watch, should I activate the watch above the surface for the temp? I don't recall if I did this on dive #1/2 that do show the surface temp properly.

As a test I just went and created a new dive log and imported all dives, not one shows air temp. Now I'm very confused.

Thanks

Dave

---------- Post added November 12th, 2015 at 10:02 PM ----------

A little update. As a test I downloaded Diving Log 6.0 and it pulled all air temps just fine so it is something in the software it appears.

Just started a new dive trip and the first two dives I imported into sub surface showed the surface temp but all subsequent dives do not show an air temp in sub surface. Any idea what I may be doing wrong or how I can correct this? I generally let the water contact activate the watch, should I activate the watch above the surface for the temp? I don't recall if I did this on dive #1/2 that do show the surface temp properly.

As a test I just went and created a new dive log and imported all dives, not one shows air temp. Now I'm very confused.

Thanks

Dave

---------- Post added November 12th, 2015 at 10:02 PM ----------

A little update. As a test I downloaded Diving Log 6.0 and it pulled all air temps just fine so it is something in the software it appears.

Sorry - I don't check this board often enough (and somehow the email notifications of new posts don't appear to work reliably). A much better place to get reasonably quick support for Subsurface is (unsurprisingly) the Subsurface User Forum.
Anyway... IIRC the Vyper simply reports the first temperature measured as surface temperature - so if the dive computer isn't on while at the surface you won't get a decent reading there. But even if you'll get a wrong temperature, it should still be reported.

Looking at the sources this should work. Since you are comparing to Diving Log 6.0 I assume you are using this on Windows? Could you do a fresh download from your dive computer and turn on libdivecomputer log in the download dialog and send me that log file?
dirk at hohndel dot org

Dirk, you are correct in that I think it does use the first temp. Using diving log 6.0 it does show temps throughout the entire dive. With that said, I did try a dive last week turning the watch on well in advance (never had to do that before) and it still didn't work. It used to work before updating to the newest version of sub surface. Yes I'm using it in windows. I will create a new dive log and download the dives again and send you the libdivecomputer log file.

Thanks
Dave

Subsurface 4.5.3 is out which fixes the missing air temperature

Back
Top Bottom