stylus tough 8010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
so, im not a profesional. I'm not just in to diving, but all other sport too (snowboarding, motocross).

so I want a camera that can keep up with me, and still bring good quality of picture.
But my main priority is a camera that is good in UW, even with housing.

do you think this camera is good? or should i sacrifice the tough part and go with canon s90????

so, im not a profesional. I'm not just in to diving, but all other sport too (snowboarding, motocross).

so I want a camera that can keep up with me, and still bring good quality of picture.
But my main priority is a camera that is good in UW, even with housing.

do you think this camera is good? or should i sacrifice the tough part and go with canon s90????

Olympus PnS cameras in general don't produce sharp images and movies are even worse. Olympus 8010 is in fact best of all Olympus UW cameras so far, but Panasonic FT2 (TS2) is much better in UW. FT2 has much better optics than any PnS Olympus, better IS, better SCN programs and full automatic mode (iA) and it is 10 meters waterproof. I owned many UW cameras in last 5 years (http://public.fotki.com/Primoz/my-underwater-cameras/) and tested almost all of them, but FT2 (TS2) are way better than any other PnS rugged UW camera, even better than big & chunky Canon D10.

Ckeck also my answers here:
Re: Pics Tough 8010: Olympus Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=35464847

Underwater cameras test 2010:

Fujifilm FinePix XP10,
Olympus mju-TOUGH 8010,
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT2,
Pentax Optio W90,
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5.

Underwater cameras test 2010 and Panasonic FT2 (TS2) is clear winner!

Underwater cameras test 2010 - Introduction - Lenstip.com

Back
Top Bottom