Stupid Question re: Nauticam Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randallr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sheepish about asking this, but: I just got the much praised Nauticam housing for the EM-1. Setup went fine, except for one thing: The battery that powers the leak-detection system just doesn't want to fit. It's the CR-2450 flat battery, and there doesn't seem to be any way to fit it into the battery holder without aggressively jamming it, and possibly breaking the electronics. Is there a simple trick to this? The single accompanying photo doesn't do any good at all in showing how to accomplish this daunting task.

This is the help that came with my EM10 housing....it is the same battery compartment, I believe. It was not a problem....put the 2450, tilted, under the two little clips, and push down the other side of the battery until it clicks in.
scan0001.jpg

It's exactly what I did, in many permutations, using the same diagram, but it doesn't push down at all or click. The right side of the battery, as shown in the picture, continues to protrude above the compartment, and there's no "give" to allow it to fit in - at least none I can find. Here are my pictures:

battery1.jpgbattery2.jpgbattery3.jpg

So what I'm wondering is, is there a trick to snap it in? Something you pinch or shift that opens up the space to allow the battery to slip into place?

Your second picture makes it look like the battery is tilted too far. It is almost flat when it goes in....just tilted enough to fit under the little clip. It does take a little pressure to do the final insertion...it is a tight fit. The battery is about a 0.3 mm larger than the plastic holder, so you do have to push it in.

You can also try different batteries. The 2450 nominally means 24mm diameter, 5.0mm thickness, but mine measures at 24.35mm. Others might be a little different!

It's a pretty tight fit, but it is just a snap in connection. No mechanism that needs to be released. Pics from my EM5 housing...looks like they install the on/off switch in different places.

9bbd338b7720b1eec4930644f9ce3d49.jpg

60fa9e9166ec8902a19b16e2cead9c3c.jpg

8bb9049c8f5967dc2a63abaee6438549.jpg

I think there are also at least two permutations of the battery holder, my EM-1 is very different than a friends.
BVA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom