Student Visual Journalist Seeking Southern California Disabled Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Everyone!

My name is Jonathen Davis and I'm currently a visual journalism student at Brooks Institute in Ventura. I am also a United States Navy veteran from 2005-2011 who was assigned with the Navy's Expeditionary Combat Camera unit.

I’m posting here today on the ScubaBoard because I am interested in telling the story about disabled divers embracing the feeling of moving underwater.

Currently, I am taking a documentary film course and this story idea would be used for my final project for the class. The project is due next month, August 18. I am hoping to be able to work with a disabled diver who resides in Southern California to film this short documentary about how scuba diving has made a significant impact on their life.

I’ve watched Dr. Debra Hills’s “From Bullets to Bubbles,” it’s a great informative piece… but I believe there is still deeper emotional story to be told.

If anyone can point me to someone or would like to help me with this project, please contact me! I'm hoping to bring more awareness about the benefits of scuba diving. I hope to make this a long-term project even after the final project is complete.

Visit my video page to see the different types of projects I have worked on in the past (both school and military): https://www.vimeo.com/jonathendavis

Thank you for your time!

Very Respectfully,
Jonathen E. Davis
www.jonathendavis.com

Thanks Steve for replying to my post! Mel has been helping me with great info and trying to reach out to past students to see if they are interested in helping me out.

I'm also hoping that someone here on the ScubaBoard can also help or be part of the project!

---------- Post Merged on July 26th, 2012 at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was on July 25th, 2012 at 09:11 AM ----------

Hello again everyone!

Thanks for everyone that has viewed this post. From previous experience, I know a lot of people believe that their lives aren't interesting or worth the story. That so far from the truth! Everyone has a great story to tell, it's just hard for them to get it out. I want to tell your story – I believe it's important.

If you want to talk privately, e-mail me at jon@jonathendavis.com to get in touch with me.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom