Strobes, trays & arms for PT-030

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makcik

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board. Currently using just a SP320 and PT-030 but I'm getting really itchy and want to get a strobe. Unfortunately don't know much about strobes so maybe u guys can help me?

I would like to get your advice on what strobes are compatible and have the best results with the PT-030? Should I go TTL, Slave or TTL Slave etc... anyone can provide some good advice?

Also would like to get your advice on trays and arms too if u can ...

Cheers.

There are lots of different strobes available for your camera. Sort of depends on what you want to spend. The only flash that will give you hardwire TTL is the housed Oly strobe and it is pretty small.

If you go to slave/slave TTL there are many more options; Inon, Ike, Sea & Sea, Fantasea, etc.

There are some options available to replace the propriatry Oly strobe connector, but I think you start to exceed the cost of another housing.

I have a bunch of trays and arms on my site at good prices.

Jack

JackConnick:
There are lots of different strobes available for your camera. Sort of depends on what you want to spend. The only flash that will give you hardwire TTL is the housed Oly strobe and it is pretty small.

Well, that's not exaclty true. Yes, in the way the PT-030 comes from the factory, it only has TTL with the Olympus flash. However, you can get a TTL adapter and new bulkhead for the sync cable from someone like Reef Photo that will allow you to use any of the Nikonos compatable TTL strobes which include the Sea & Sea and Inon strobes.

As far as tray and arms, again Reef Photo has everything, but I like and use the Ultra Light trays and arms. They have a lot of options and are built very nice. It will also allow you to put an INON AD adapter on the front of the housing at some point to where you can use INON AD wet mount lenses for wide angle and close up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom