Strobes and video lights: 2 heads per arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silty Sam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there anyone here mounting both a strobe head and a video light on an Ultralight arm? Two arms/four heads per camera?

How’s it working out for you?

Using a triple clamp works but its better to have your video light separate from your strobe so they can move independently. I recommend using a coldshoe mount if available for your video light.

People do it all the time. It is common. I would not because I do not do video beyond my GoPro. This is a friend, I do not normally post recognizable photos but he is wearing a mask, lol, so (Canon S90/Recsea with Inon UFL165AD):

IMG-1137.jpg

IMG-0903.jpg

Works for him.

N

I upgraded to the correct Ultra Light fixtures to mount both strobe and video lights on each arm. Tried it a few times and it worked but it's kind of bulky. Went back to just the video lights on each arm for the time being. More consistent results with my skill level. Depending on the quarantine, I'm supposed to go to CoCo View in May, which would give me a lot of practice time without all the extra heavy duty, Maine-required gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom