Strobe setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aedavidson

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a bit new to this , your help would be greatly appreciated .

I have a Sony DSC p9 with the marinepak housing . I also have a Bonica Neon III strobe . I would be intested to know which setting to use on the strobe with this setup , 0-4 are the choices . I also have the Sony marinepak filter for this camera , I have used it with and without but am not sure when to or not to use it . I have teken some decent pics but it seems hit or miss . Anyone with information on this setup your advice would be greatly appreciated .

You should not use red filter when using strobes. Red filter is occasionally useful when doing available light shots.
I am not familiar with Bonica strobe but I assume that 0-4 is the power setting. Generally for wide angle shot, I use full or half power and for macro, with point and shoot camera I tend to use half/quarter or power depending on the distance.

Generally I shoot in manual mode and adjust f-stop and shutter speed first and fiddle with strobe power level only when I can't get proper exposure within the limit of f-stop and shutterspeed that I want to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom