Strobe mount help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jtgator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone help technology impaired amateur?
What do I need to mount my video light on I believe is a 1inch ball ?
I would also like to attach it to a cold shoe to directly mount it to the camera as a fixed light.

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_190645496.jpg
    IMG_20201109_190645496.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20201109_190634236.jpg
    IMG_20201109_190634236.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 61
It looks like you have a locline arm already and I assume that attaches to tray which attaches to the housing. So your only problem is attaching the light to the locline arm? The YS mount ball adapter attaches to the hole on the end of the arm. You already have a ball mount for your light - presumably you have the attachment hardware to attach it to the light?

You now have a ball on the light and a ball on the arm. The clamp linked above joins the two balls together. You should be able to get the items you need from Reef Photo who are in Florida. The clamping force is variable and you can set it so that it holds the light in place and allows you to adjust that joint without slackening the clamp off, though you may need to tighten it up a bit out of the water when you don't have buoyancy supporting the light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom