Strobe in Aruba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedadepths

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be traveling to Aruba on monday and I'm trying to get a strobe. I found one that i liked from scubatoys (Bonica Neon) but they dont have it in stock and it costs like 70 bucks of shippin to get it drop shipped from bonica because they are located in Canada. I plan on diving with Unique Sports in Aruba and was wondering if you think that i could buy/rent a strobe from Unique or from somebody else on the island. Thanks.
Max

I assume you mean safety strobe, as compared to camera strobe. I recommed the Tektite. Have one and really like it. Look it up in Leisure Pro.
tktsts.jpg

im actually refering to a camera strobe. sorry about the confusion.

The bonica strobe head is identical to the sea life strobe head: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=SL960D

They are both made in the same factory - identical units. So the only difference is the strobe arms - and I personally like the sea life a bit better as it is faster to adjust, and a bit sturdier... So if you want the arm.. you'll have to find the bonica, if you just want that strobe head - go with the sealife and the articulating arm.

For what it's worth, the arm on the Sealife is a product called Loc Link covered in foam. You can buy 1 ft sections of it fairly cheaply and add to the arm length in any amount you like from about 1 1/2 in up to the full 12 inches....or more.

Back
Top Bottom