Strobe frustrations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In10se

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I set the scene mode to, well, all related external flash options. Test at the house and get a good flash off of the strobe. I get to depth and get nada from the strobe. The camera flash works like it should, but the strobe doesn't flash. It will do a test flash, but nothing else. This is happening repeatedly, yet intermittently.

Kinda sucks to dive the Dwayne or the Eagle and NOT get the killer imagery included.

Please help.

So I set the scene mode to, well, all related external flash options. Test at the house and get a good flash off of the strobe. I get to depth and get nada from the strobe. The camera flash works like it should, but the strobe doesn't flash. It will do a test flash, but nothing else. This is happening repeatedly, yet intermittently.

Kinda sucks to dive the Dwayne or the Eagle and NOT get the killer imagery included.

Please help.
Which strobe are you using?

Check at depth that your fiber optics are still in place. It sits in the groove and is in line with the flash. A small deviation will cause a misfire

The only reason your flash can misfire is the fiber optic or moisture in the strobe. With my DC600 and the SL960D I used to place a moisture muncher in the strobe housing.

Since getting the new SL961, I have not needed to use the moisture muncher in the housing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom